Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spring Ball and Spring Cleaning 2012

It's spring time!  It's that time of year when individuals go through the cabinets, closets, and crevaces to get rid of the things that are prohibiting them from operating a clean and winning apartment, condo or house.  It's the time when college football teams are working on getting better as a team with the goal of winning a championship!  It's that time of year when dads are working alongside moms in the yard to win the neighborhood championship! It's that time of the year when major league baseball players are in spring training working on the goal of winning the World Series!

In Spring 2010 I was preparing to hit the practice field as a newly promoted Associate Head Football Coach and Offensive Coordinator.  I should have been filled with excitement and joy, right?  Wrong!  There was something missing.  I loved football, I loved coaching football but there was something missing.  In Spring 2011 I had walked away from the game I loved, the game that truly was the instrument that changed my life but there something still missing. I was empty and searching for something to fill that void.  Then I found the missing piece that spring through the most unexpected vehicle, my oldest brother Sidney's passing.  Through all the pain and tears I was able to find peace.  That was my spring cleansing!  God met me where I was and used His Son Jesus Christ's blood to cleanse me that Spring.  In Spring 2012 I can say that I don't have football but I have a peace that surpasses all understanding.


Do you need to go to spring training? Do you need to do some spring cleaning?  Is there something missing?  Perhaps there are some things in your closet, in your yard that you have been holding onto like unforgiveness, alcohol, lust, depresssion etc. Maybe you feel like you have failed.  Been there!  Don't wait until next spring for next spring is not promised. God wants to cleanse you this spring!  You are His spring flower, His spring aroma but He needs you in full bloom this Spring to shower you with Spring blessings!  You have free will, you can decide to keep the clutter that may be keeping you from being set free like the Spring Mourning Dove!


Spring into God's Hands -

No comments:

Post a Comment